The building on Aeschenplatz in Basel was built in 1860. At the time it only had two levels and served as a brewery. In the course of time more levels were added and the building’s purpose changed repeatedly. The restructuring of the facade emphasizes the window apertures of cast stone that incorporates the neighbouring building’s haptics and in so doing, anchors itself in the urban context. The ground floor is designated for public use and benefits from a specifically designed courtyard that is appealling for clients as well as for employees. The upper floors are layed out as contemporary office spaces that accommodate the various services of the Intercity Group.